Thursday, March 5, 2015

It's the little things.

So after a long day of dealing with a drywall contractor on our house, I'm getting ready to leave to teach a class. Jump in the truck to head out and..... Nothing. Doesn't start. Had this been an emergency, I'd have been in deep stuff. I've been procrastinating installing new batteries due to the oppressive weather and my schedule not being the best to get it done. It's a real pain to get to them in my diesel so I've put it off. That bird's come home to roost now, so I must overcome and get it done.

At least they lasted past my Florida trip over the weekend. That trip taught me that I'm no longer in my 30's. I used to do the trip at least once a month. Drive down Friday evening at 6pm and get to my dive site at 5 am. I would sometimes get a 2 hour nap at the Huntsville, AL rest stop and delay my arrival. I'd dive for 2 days solid then head back at 4-5pm on Sunday. It's been a year since the last time I did this and it wasn't as easy as it used to be.

That little voice in the back of my head was yelling at me all night for not getting those batteries changed. Sometimes you need to listen to the voice and handle your business.  

2 comments:

  1. On an entirely unrelated note. I hate to be a bother but saw you own a Blackhawk knife of a Filipino pattern, it seemed like it might fill a niche for me as a general/ fighting/ chopping knife. If you happened to want to share your thoughts on it that would be super cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can do that. I'll have time this afternoon to go over it a bit.

      Delete

Let's keep it clean and legal, as if you were sitting in my living room enjoying a nice glass of iced tea. Profanity or explicit posts will not be tolerated. Enjoy!