Saturday, July 22, 2017

Sorry For The long Hiatus.

A quick update on why I've been gone so long. With the boys being old enough to care for themselves after school, I've decided to go back to working full time-ish. I'm still teaching and volunteering, but now I'm working at a large defense contractor in my area doing a total refit on the entire facility. The pay was literally too good to pass up and the work is a gravy train with biscuit wheels. I normally charge 68 bucks an hour for my time as an independent and these toaster heads are paying me way more than that, so here I am.

That's the reason I've been gone so long. Shuttering a business and completing several contracts while working full time was nothing less than excruciating, but well worth it. I'm all caught up now and actually had this weekend off so I took my son fishing today for the first time this year. It literally felt like a blast furnace outside, but we did well. Caught a 5# catfish and a few bass and bluegill.

The good news is, I have a ton of gear that I need to get the reviews done on. Some of it is new and some is updates on older gear. I've purchased some new stuff and have been using it a while now.

The great news is, I'm going to be pack to posting more often and having better content now that the DOD is funding me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's keep it clean and legal, as if you were sitting in my living room enjoying a nice glass of iced tea. Profanity or explicit posts will not be tolerated. Enjoy!